Dec 9, 2008

My Boy

I don't know how it feels to have a child, yet I believe that having a pet must be the closest you can get to such experience.

My life changed since July 11th 08, when our boy Felix, named after Lucius Cornelius Sulla "Felix", a German shepherd joined our family. He was immediately the center of all attention and love, just as a new born would be. For the following days and weeks, me and my brother spoonfed him and coddled when he was sick.

It has been more than 4 months now since I left Turkey to continue my degree in Finland. Felix was 2 months old back then, he was still a puppy running around ransacking the house with a cunning smirk on his face.

IMG_0195

Today, I was able to have his latest photos, which invoked a dampened joy in me. My little boy, it seems is now a full grown man. He now has his own place where he hangs out. Moreover, his feeble body and childish cunning grin is replaced by a dignified firm posture and austerity. I can't help but regret the time I spent away from him, missing all the good times while he was growing. Yet, on the other hand, I am very proud of him as he bode through quite a hassle compromising surgeries and dreadful illnesses. In the midst of such hazy feelings, one thing I thing I am sure of is that he is indeed "My Boy"!

Felix01_WEB

Felix02_WEB

No comments:

Post a Comment